In addition to abiding by any and all federal, state and local laws, it is expected that those who wish to enjoy the sanctuary of Gaea respect the basic policies regarding personal behavior and responsibilities.
- Registration: Everyone is required to register and pay fees upon arrival.
- Cameras: All photographers must obtain a signed pre-photo release from any person photographed. Photographing anyone unaware is not allowed.
- Children & Minors: No one under 18 is permitted without a parent or legal guardian. The supervision, safety and behavior of all persons 17 or under are the responsibility of their parent or guardian. Children 12 and under are to be in the direct presence and supervision of their parent or guardian.
- Pets: Pets are allowed at Gaea. Pets include any companion animal you bring to camp. For the safety of pets and others, please read and familiarize yourself with our pet rules. They will be stringently enforced.
- All pets must be on a 6-10 foot non-retractable leash.
- Pets may not be tied out or tied to trees.
- Owners should maintain physical control of the animal at all times.
- When away from your pet, it must be in a kennel. Even inside a tent or cabin.
- Pets are not to be confined to your vehicle in extreme heat or cold.
- Pets are not allowed in the dining hall or shower house.
- Do not bring your pet to camp if it has known aggression issues. If your pet is aggressive, you will be asked to remove your pet from the property.
- If your pet becomes a nuisance, as in the case of excessive dog barking, you will be asked to remove your pet from the property.
- You will need to provide proof of rabies vaccination if requested. Please have that available.
All rules apply to animals deemed as emotional support animals.
As stated by federal law, dogs and miniature horses are the only animals recognized as service animals.
- Vehicles: The speed limit is 5 mph. Parking is permitted in designated parking areas only (see map). Please restrict driving - park, walk, exercise, and enjoy the land.
- Harassment: Harassment in any form based on, but not limited to, religion, spirituality, sexual preferences, race, gender or age is not allowed.
- Littering: Miscellaneous personal refuse should be put in receptacles. This includes cigarette butts, which should be put in the red cans throughout Gaea. Everyone is expected to clean up after themselves.
- Recycling: Place all recycling in the recycling corral next to the dumpster at registration.
- Trash: Place all trash in the dumpster next to registration or take it with you when you leave.
- Fires: Use existing fire pits ONLY. Portable fireplaces and grills are permitted. Be mindful of red flag warnings and burn bans – there are no fires allowed in these instances.
- Firewood: Contact a caretaker for full information or bring your own wood. Use of existing wood stacks or pre-cut timber already on property is not allowed.
- Hunting & Fishing: Hunting of any type is not allowed. Fishing is allowed with the proper Kansas license.
- Sites: Meditation/Ritual areas are situated throughout Gaea. It is expected that these spaces will be respected and offerings left at them are undisturbed.
- Sex: Sexual activity in public areas is strictly prohibited.
- Personal Items: Personal items become the property of Gaea if left over 7 days. Lost and found is located on the dining hall porch.
Not adhering to any of these rules may result in expulsion and/or permanent disbarment from Gaea Retreat Center.
RESPECT YOURSELF, RESPECT OTHERS AND RESPECT THE LAND